Monday, May 28, 2012

Salt and Light

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world, A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise you Father in heaven." Matt 5:13-16



Finally got some kool seal on Melissa's roof! Boom!

This morning before the crew headed out to work on some jobs, we prayed through the verses above. This was one of the very first times Christ spoke to the disciples and the crowds. Please pray with us as Christ instructed back in the day, that we recognize that passion for what Christ did on the cross should continue to manifest in our lives and in turn effect the lives of believers and non-believers alike around us for the Gospel. Pray we seek to leave our comfort zones so Christ can realign our priorities from what we think is important, to the fire of true life He has lit in our hearts and that we have a fire under our butts to get out and proclaim Him through our whole being. It doesn't matter whether it is roofing or cutting trees or eating together or playing soccer or sewing or talking. These are all good things, but with passion for the cross and resurrection channeled into God given passion and experience, they can become great things as they point back to Christ alone. That was our prayer today in our hearts, please pray we continue to know the depths of God's heart and character more deeply. Pray we have real hearts for what Lecrae says in the lyrics below and recognize the truth in those words.

Small railings, small task, Christ's love is known. Ain't much better in life than that.

Go Hard or Go Home
Lord Use Me Up

Lord kill me if I don't preach the gospel
I'm still in my 20's, but I'll die if I got to
Already dead, so forget my flesh
I done been crossed over, see the full court press
I'm a full court mess if the Lord don't use me
Running from my trials thinkin everythangs groovy
If the Cross don't move me then I don't wanna breath no mo
If I ain't seeing Christ partner I don't wanna see no mo
Rep every day withouth worrying about bruising
I been to China mayne I seen some real persecution
If you didn't know em would ya life look the same
Can they tell you value Jesus by the way you rep his name?
Man what's the point of living if I'm living for myself
Lord empty out my life before I put you on the shelf
So for God I got Hard I don't' wanna die tonight
It's too many people living who ain't heard about my Christ

 
Go Hard or Go Home
Lord Use Me Up





No comments:

Post a Comment